Empties | 2015 Vol. 2

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

This is a really belated empties post that was meant to go up sometime in September... and as we can all see, that never happened.  Anyways, the products in this post were used up during the months of May to August of this year and sadly I only used a few more items than I did in my previous empties post.  


Like usual, I've separated the items into different categories, starting off with packet products.


Packet products:
  • Up&Up Cotton Rounds.  Purchased this at Target and it seems like a regular cotton rounds.  Nothing extraordinary, but goes on sale often at Target so it makes it really easy to stock up during the sales.
    Repurchase?  Bought multiple of these cotton rounds when it was on sale.  Might not repurchase after I finish using them, only because I want to try some from Korean brands.
  • My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask.  This is one of my older sheet masks that I want to get through before they get bad.  The mask came with a lot of essence, which is nice, but I remembered the actual mask being really poorly fitted.  The piece between the nose and the mouth was really awkward and just didn't sit will on my face.  I don't remember if it did anything spectacular to my face since it's been a while.
    Repurchase?  Most likely to try again in the future if/when I get through my collection of sheet masks.
  • Garnier Ultra-Lift Miracle Sleeping Cream.  I received this sample in my spring walmart beauty box.  The packet contained enough product for me to use at least three times, which was really nice.  It honestly seems like a regular cream that they just marketed as night cream.  I did like the thin texture of it and luckily my face did not break out from it!
    Repurchase?  Have already purchased the full size using the coupon that came with the sample.
  • Simple Micellar Cleansing Water.  This was a wasted sample because I thought the sample would come in a small bottle that I could use multiple times instead of a tiny rectangular cloth soaked in the micellar water.  So it's safe to say I wasn't expecting the cloth so I ended up wasting that sample.
    Repurchase?  Purchased the full size using the coupon that came with the sample.

Lotions and moisturizers:
  • Nivea Extended Moisture.  I believe this came in one of the first Target beauty bags ages ago, that actually came with a makeup bag!  I used to use it as a hand cream, which took forever to use up so ended up using it as a body moisturizer and it went by a lot faster!  My sister was not a fan of the scent but I didn't mind it.  It had a thin texture and soaked into the skin relatively fast.  I still have another one of these samples but in a different scent somewhere in my collection.
    Repurchase?  Most likely not
  • Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion.  Wrote about my thoughts in my previous empties post.  Still feels the same about the product.  I thought I used this up pretty fast since I had it next to me at work and applied it several times throughout the day.  I'm currently on my last tube of it and it's almost done!
    Repurchase?  Nah, there are other ones in the market that I want to try.
  • Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream.  This is one of those Youtuber-made-me-buy-it products.  I heard Tati and several other youtubers raving about it so it was only logical for me to go out and purchase some for myself.  Yes, you read that correctly... purchased some.  Anyways, I did not see it perform any life changing tricks on my legs but it did a nice job at moisturizing them.
    Repurchase?  Already have several of them in my collection.
  • Bath and Body Works Fresh Picked Hand Cream in Strawberry.  This is actually the same product I went through in my first ever empties post.  I decided to go back and squeeze every drop of product from that tube, and there was quite a bit of products left in there!  I wish Bath and Body Works didn't discontinue it though; I don't even know if they even sell this line of products anymore, but it is one of my favorite hand cream ever!
    Repurchase?  Definitely would in a heart beat if I ever see it again!


Body washes:
  • The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Shower Gel.  This was an older Christmas gift I received several years ago that also included a loofa and a body lotion with it.  I've already used the loofa but haven't gone through the body lotion yet.  I don't know if it's the current loofa I'm using but I don't remember this shower gel lathering up that much.
    Repurchase?  Would not go out of my way to purchase shower gels from The Body Shop, but if I ever see them on sale, I might purchase them.  
  • Bath and Body Works Georgia Peach & Sweet Tea Shower Gel.  This is one of BBW's summer scent and it's one of my favorite out of the collection.   It smells like Peach but not quite full on fruity peach.  I found that this shower gel lathered up so much better than the one from The Body Shop.
    Repurchase?  I have a collection of these travel size BBW shower gels to go through!


Miscellaneous products:
  • Elf Brush.  This is the brush that came with Elf's cream liner.  The liner dried up ages ago and I've been using this brush to clean up my manicures.  It does a decent job but I didn't take care of it well so it started shedding and I decided to retire it and purchase another elf brush as a replacement.
    Repurchase?  I don't think I'll be purchasing the Elf cream liner just for the brush, but might purchase it to try it out in the future if I ever get into cream eyeliners.  
  • Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.  This is probably my most used hair mask and it's the most affordable one too!  I really love how you only need 3 minutes for this compared to 5-15 minutes for other hair mask.  It's really convenient for me to just put it on and put my hair up into a bun while I wash the rest of my body.  And by the time I'm done washing the rest of my body, I can just rinse this out and be all done.
    Repurchase?  Already have and will buy more once I run out.

Face products:
  • Garnier Clean+ Purifying Foam Cleanser.  This face was took forever to use up!  I thought the bottle was interesting because it seems like you would push down on the pump to get the product out, but you actually squeeze the body of the bottle.  It comes out as a foam and cleansed my face alright.  I don't think it left my face feeling dry, but I could be wrong since I finished this 5 months ago.
    Repurchase?  Most likely won't because I like to try out different products.  
  • Nasarang Rose Balancing Toner.  I received this in my first ever memebox and I really enjoyed using this.  It felt like a very light moisturizer and absorbed into my skin relatively fast.  I don't remember the scent bothering me at all, so it must not have been a strong scent.  I remembered feeling sad when I finished using this product.
    Repurchase?  Most likely not but it was nice to use when I had it.
  • Verikos Advanced Power Tightening Cream.  Another product I received in my first memebox!  This was a thicker product, kind of like a mixture of gel and cream and had a light lemony scent which I liked.  I don't think I observed any tightening properties but it was a nice cream to layer on top of my other skincare products.
    Repurchase?  Probably won't because I don't need anything with tightening properties yet and I like to try different things.
So, I'm quite embarrassed that I only used up 15 products from May to August.  It was a little bit more than the first four months of the year but it's still shameful.  I really don't know how many more products I'll be able to finish by the end of the year but I'm really embarrassed that I'll be using up less than 50 products for the year of 2015.  I'll definitely have the total count along with the next set of empties up either at the end of December or beginning of January.  And hopefully I'll be able to go through more products in 2016.

What are some of the products you've gone through recently?  Did it take longer than you had expected to go through those products?

Post a Comment