30 Day Spending Ban

Friday, July 31, 2015

So I'm back with my only post this week.  My personal life has been quite crazy this week and I can't wait until it settles down a bit after the weekend.  I was going to do an unboxing of the latest Target Beauty Box, but that will be coming next week along with many hauls I need to catch up on.  But for today, I want to talk about a challenge I'm giving myself: the 30 day spending ban.


I know, this post looks familiar since I attempted a 30 day spending ban at the beginning of May, but I have to say that failed miserably.  For some reason I just got the itch to go out and buy something every week.  But this time, hopefully, it'll be different.  I've been putting myself on a mini-unofficial-spending ban for about two weeks now and I think I've resisted majority of the temptations.  I did end up purchasing something earlier today but... I can't really justify for that purchase besides the fact that I really want to try it and it was on sale and there was free shipping.  

So like previously, I will start on August 1, 2015 and end on August 31, 2015.  During this time I will not be purchasing anything that is not necessary for my survival, with the exception of one meal every week and an outfit for an upcoming event.  Other than that, I should not be anticipating any other purchases.  Hopefully I will be able to resist all the temptations that will come up during the time period and will be successful with this ban.  
So as a recap...
Start Date: August 1, 2015
End Date: August 31, 2015
Not allowed to buy: makeup, skincare, haircare, shoes, accessories, stationary or anything unnecessary for survival
Allowed to buy: a meal every week and an outfit 

I have plenty of haul posts coming up on the blog and I will make sure to not that those items were purchased before the spending ban.  At the end of the month, I will do a recap post and hopefully provide some tips and tricks for a successful spending ban, or analyze where I failed

If any of you guys are doing a spending ban, please leave some tips so that we can all succeed in the challenge!

Post a Comment