Monthly Mission - October 2014

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy October!  Last month I started a monthly series, Monthly Mission, where I talk about five things I want to accomplish/work on throughout the month, along with five products I want to focus on/use more.  So I will talk about this month's missions and products before I go over how I did with my goals last month.


Here are my five missions for October:

  1. New blogging schedule.  When I first started blogging, I originally wanted to blog every Tuesdays and Fridays.  Unfortunately, my laziness got the best of me.  I'm usually out during the weekends so I don't get a chance to work on anything for the blog then.  On Mondays, I'm still lazy from the weekend so I don't really do anything.  I usually write my posts on Tuesdays, post on Wednesdays, write again on Thursdays and post on Fridays.  I really want to start posting on Tuesdays and Fridays starting October, since it feels a bit more equal/balanced.
  2. Declutter.  I am ashamed to admit this but, I have too many materialistic things.  On top of that, I am a shopaholic.  I have tried to not buy as many things but it doesn't always go as planned.  I have started reading about some people's decluttering journey and they have inspired me to declutter things from my life.  For the month of October, I would like to get rid of one thing for every one thing I bring into my possession.  The only exceptions I will make are gifts, food, and absolute necessities.  
  3. Drink more water.  Lately I've been only drinking about 24oz of water per day, which equals to 3 cups of water.  I definitely want to drink a bit more water just because it can only benefit my health.  I don't believe that everyone needs to drink 8 cups of water, since we all have different body size and shape.  But I do believe that you should drink more water when/if you can.
  4. Keep track of spending.  As I've mentioned above, I am a shopaholic.  Month to month, I have a vague idea of how much I am spending.  I want to start writing how much I'm spending on non-necessities down so that I see a concrete number every time before I'm going to make another purchase.  Hopefully that will keep me in check with my spending.  I should probably start an Excel spreadsheet and look at that everyday or something.
  5. Highlights of the day.  I used to religiously write down at least three things that I was grateful for everyday starting January 1 of this year.  Unfortunately, life started picking up and getting busy towards mid-year and I've neglected that.  I've noticed since then, my life has been a blur and I don't feel as happy or as grateful as I was.  I want to remind myself that even if I am having a bad day, there were still small things during that day that made me happy, even if it was just finding a closer parking spot.
And now onto the five products I want to focus on this month:


  1. Bath and Body Works Sweet on Paris body spray.  I've had this body spray for a while, and it's a twist on their Paris Amor scent.  I really like Sweet on Paris for fall/winter time because it has a vanilla scent that I associate with fall/winter.  I like to wear fruity scents during spring/summer and a warmer vanilla scent during fall/winter.  I don't think I would make a huge dent on it but it'll be a nice reminder to myself to start using it more.
  2. Bodycology Wild Cherry Blossom body wash.  I bought this travel size body wash during the holiday season one year to give to my roommates for their little stocking stuffer present but I think this was a leftover one.  The set came with a body wash and a body lotion.  I don't remember what I did with the body lotion, I might have toss it out maybe, but I used this last year when I traveled and haven't used it yet.  I think it should be easy to use up since I've used a bit of it already and it's a travel size.
  3. Tarte eye cream.  I purchased a Tarte mini set from Sephora earlier this year that included this eye cream and their maracuja oil.  I don't think I have super bad under eye but prevention is always the best solution.  I am already in my mid-twenties so it's probably about time I start using eye creams and other anti-aging products.  I want to use this up so I can try other products as well.
  4. Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction body butter.  Since it's almost winter, I probably should start moisturizing my body more often.  I have to admit I don't as often as I should.  I mainly only do it when I'm wearing shorts/dresses.  I know the best time to slather on body moisturizer is right after you finish showering, when your pores are still open from the steam.  Unfortunately where I live, it's quite cold after I turn off the water so I want to put on clothes as fast as I can.  Hopefully I can remember to use this body butter since I've had this for a while now.  
  5. Secret Clinical Strength deodorant.  This is definitely my favorite deodorant and I am almost done with it.  Embarrassingly, I don't wear deodorant unless I know I'll be sweating, which is most likely during the weekends.  Hopefully I can finish this either this month, or before 2014 is over.  If you remember, I recently received a full size of this in my Walmart Beauty Box so I am definitely stocked for a while.  (Plus there is ALWAYS a manufacture coupon in the Sunday paper for $1 or $2 off!)
Now onto last month's missions.  I have to admit, I didn't do that well.  I did not do my 30 day challenge at all, or made time to read a book.  I still want to do those so maybe you'll see them again in a future monthly mission.

I've had some success with taking daily vitamins.  I remembered to take my vitamins about half of the month, which is a lot better than not remembering at all.  I have started writing down lists of things that pop up in my head, but it's so sporadic.  Some days I'll make detailed lists while other days, I'll just sit there thinking about making lists.  These two are definitely still a work in progress and I still have a lot of room for improvements.

The one thing I did manage to accomplish in September was keeping a blogging schedule.  I'm so happy I was able to blog every Wednesdays and Fridays this past month.  One thing that was important to me was keeping a consistent blogging schedule, and I was able to do that this past month.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my new blogging schedule for October.

Out of the five products I wanted to focus on, I only used the EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet almost every day.  I didn't even touch my Clean & Clear moisturizer or the Jergen BB Body Cream, which might have been because they were out of sight for me.  I had them store somewhere where I don't really see them unless I go looking for them.  I used Elf's Liquid Lipstick once or twice but immediately took it off because I wasn't in the mood for that shade that day.

Hopefully October will be a better month with my missions and using my products.  

Do you make goals for yourself to accomplish monthly?  If so, what are some of your goals for the month of October?

Post a Comment