Swatch: Revlon's Parfumerie in Wintermint

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I have over a hundred different nail polishes in my collection and I thought I could gradually do a swatch vault of collection over time so that those who want to see how certain nail polish swatches can just look it up.  The first nail polish swatch I have for you guys is Wintermint from Revlon's Parfumerie polish line.



I first received this nail polish from a friend several months ago and I can't believe it took a while for me to swatch this polish!  This looks like a really cute shade in the bottle, but I honestly don't think I would have chosen this shade out for myself at the store. It is a really nice minty green color with a yellow/gold sheen (which I tried to capture in my pictures). It also has small yellow microglitter, which I believe helps contribute to the yellow/golden sheen, and larger darker green circular glitters which are more apparent in my pictures.


This particular shade is pretty opaque. You can reach full opacity with one thick coat, but I applied two thinner coats. The glitters in the polish can get a bit gritty on my nails, even with a layer of top coat. If you are someone who isn't a fan of textured nail polishes or feeling those glitters on your nails, I would suggest only using one coat of the polish and layering on multiple coats of your top coats. Two layers of top coats were enough to get rid of the grittiness on one of my nails.


One of the things that threw me off about this nail polish was the scent! Nail polishes from Revlon's Parfumerie line are all scented and this one was no exception. (Please don't smell the nail polish directly on the bottle! The scent is noticeable after the nail polish has dried on your nails!) This particular polish smells like sweet mint, which makes sense since the name is Wintermint. I was really surprised the scent lingered on even after I applied top coats! I remembered the first night, the scent threw me off! Every time I waved my hand in front of my face, I would get a whiff of that sweet mint smell and for some reason it bothered me at night when I was trying to sleep. It could very well be the fact that I'm not used to scented nails either! I was able to smell the sweet mint scent for at least two days.

My nail polish is still going strong on my hand after 6 days with minimal chipping on the tips, but I believe that might be contributed by my base and top coats. I haven't worn these alone, since I never apply polish without a base and top coats unless I'm just swatching it to remove it that same day.

Even though a good friend of my gave me this polish, I'm not the biggest fan of how the polish looks on my nails.  Since receiving this polish, I've purchased two more shades from Revlon's Parfumerie line, Autumn Spice and Bordeaux.  I'm actually excited to swatch these in the near future since they are the perfect shades for the fall/winter season!

Have you guys try any of the polishes from Revlon's Parfumerie line before?  If so, what are your favorite shades?

Post a Comment