30 Day Spending Ban

Friday, May 8, 2015


Hi, my name is Moe and I am a shopaholic.  I love to buy new things with the intent of trying them out and reviewing them sooner or later on this blog.  I like to think I have my spendings in order, but the truth is that it has gotten out of hand recently.  I honestly don't need to buy any more things, aside for food, for a very long time.  

In my last post, 101 things in 1001 days, two of my goals on there were to go on spending bans.  I figured I would kick start my list by putting myself on a 30 day spending ban.  I picked 30 days for now because there shouldn't be any major sales going on in Sephora or Ulta within those 30 days, and the CVS beauty clearance sale should have started at the end of my spending ban.  

After this spending ban, I will give myself a little break and allow myself to participate in all the drugstore beauty clearance sale, and will put myself right back on the 100 day spending ban.  This one will be a bit trickier since I want to end right before Sephora has their VIB sale.  Apparently I'm timing my spending bans so that I will be able to participate in more sales at the end of it... 

My rules are quite simple.  I will start on May 8, 2015 and will end on June 7, 2015.  During this time, I am not allowed to purchase anything that is not necessary for my survival.  I am allowing myself to purchase two boba drinks but no other additional snacks.  I just need to know I can be strict with my budget to see that I am capable of limiting unnecessary purchases.  

And of course what kind of challenge would it be without any motivations at the end?  After the ban, I will be rewarding myself with a MAC lipstick in Plumful, which is something I've been lusting over for over a year now, and a Tangle Teezer, something I just suddenly have to try.  

On top of my spending ban, I will also be decluttering something every day for the next 30 days.  I will admit, some days the product I will be decluttering might be a packaging to something I've opened ages ago, but that'll still be one less thing in my room.  The decluttering will take place on my instagram, and I will most likely do a round up of things I've decluttered in my finale post for my spending ban. 

So as a recap....
Start Date: Friday, May 8, 2015
End Date: Sunday, June 7, 2015
Not allowed to buy: makeup, skincare, haircare, clothes, shoes, accessories, stationary, snacks, or anything unnecessary for survival
Allowed to buy: 2 boba drinks

I have some hauls in my queue that I haven't gotten around to posting yet.  They will be up after this post, but I will definitely not that those products were purchased before I started my spending ban.  

This will definitely be a challenge for me as I love going to target and walking out with at least something in my hands.  I think my main plan for this challenge is to limit myself from all the temptations and go straight home after work every day.  I will definitely need a lot of luck and would love to hear any helpful tips and tricks from anyone who has gone through any sort of spending ban before.

Post a Comment