Monthly Mission - November 2014

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happy November!  This post is about half a month late because of my little hiatus the second half of October.  Sorry!  For those who don't know, Monthly Mission is where I talk about five things I want to accomplish/work on throughout the month along with five products I want to focus on/use more of.  So I will talk about this month's goals and products before I go over how I did with my goals last month.


Here are my five missions for November:

  1. Wake up earlier.  I really want to start waking up earlier, even if it's just a few minutes, so that I can get one or two things done in the morning.  I've noticed that when I get things done in the morning, I feel more accomplished throughout the day.
  2. Start using up products.  I've been buying things and not really using them at all.  I want to start using up products so that I can justify buying new things when I finish using my products up or something.  I really want to make it a point to use the products daily I've chosen to focus on this month.
  3. Get Christmas shopping done.  I am usually a last minute shopper so I can't wait to start planning and looking for deals/shopping earlier.  I don't think I'll get things for everyone on my list, but I hope to make a good dent in it by the beginning of December.
  4. Eat breakfast.  Simple and easy but I don't do it.  I have a very bad habit of not eating breakfast.  I really need to break this habit.
  5. Plan posts ahead.  I think one of the reasons why I ended up feeling unmotivated and took a hiatus at the end of last month was because of my lack of planning.  I hope I can plan and organize posts for the next few months so that when it comes time to write the post, I've already done most of the thinking.

And now onto the five products I want to focus on:


  1. Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream.  This was in September's list and I'll be honest, I barely used it five days back then.  I want to start using it daily since I have a Christmas party to attend in the beginning of December.  I want to be able to wear a dress and have my legs looking nice.
  2. Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil.  I've been using this as a moisturizer and a little goes a long way.  I have another sample of this, and a super size of this that I purchased a while ago.  Hopefully I can use this up soon and start on my other things.
  3. EOS lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet.  This has got to be used up soon.  I've been working on this lip balm for the longest time and it just refuses to get used up!  I've just started seeing the pink plastic in the middle of the balm recently so I know the end is near!
  4. Beauty Rush lip balm in Colada Love.  Another product that has got to be used up soon.  I've had it for a little too long, and this particular product has been discontinued from VS's beauty range for over a year now.  This is a really good MLBB (my lips but better) product but I don't like the fact that it includes glitter in there too.
  5. Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion.  I have a lot of hand creams at home and this is one of the ones that are almost done.  Hopefully with continuous usage throughout the month, I can finish it up soon!
Now onto last month's missions.  I believe I accomplished about half of the missions I set out for.  I didn't do well with the new blogging schedule; I just could not get myself to post up every Tuesdays and Fridays and I did not remember to write down highlights for the whole month.  

The decluttering goal was half achieved.  I did not get rid of a product for every product I brought in, that goal will probably appear sometime next year, but I did manage to get rid of 10 products last month.  Instead I've decided to get rid of 10 products each month so that I won't end up hoarding everything.

The two goals I did achieve were drinking more water and keeping track of my spending.  I ended up drinking a cup more water a day by switching out my water bottle I used.  My old bottle could only hold 24oz, which is 3 cups, while my new bottle could hold 32oz, or 4 cups.  I know that's not nearly as much as I should be drinking, but I'm slowly getting there.

Out of the five products last month, I used the deodorant a lot more than I used the other products.  The eye cream and the body sprays were used a bit more than I would have used if I wasn't consciously trying to use it.  Unfortunately I did not use the body butter or the body wash.

Like I said last month, hopefully November will be a better month with my missions and using my products.

Do you guys make goals for yourself to accomplish monthly?  If so, what are some of your goals for November?

Post a Comment