Monthly Declutter: October 2014

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I accidentally took an unexpected break from blogging the last few weeks.  I have no excuses but I just felt uninspired when I have time to sit down and blog and felt like I was just meeting some blog post quota.  Anyways, I have a few blog posts to catch up on that I missed in October, so I will get on with them before I move on to November posts.


I've noticed that I tend to buy things a lot more often than I get rid of them.  Recently I've been feeling like I've been hoarding a lot of my things so I want to start a monthly series where I declutter 10 things a month.  It was really easy to find 10 things to get rid of this month, but I'm sure it'll get harder as the months go on.  Hopefully this will help me live a more minimalist lifestyle that I hope to achieve in the future.

So here are the things I'll be decluttering for the month of October:


Up&Up Multipurpose Solution.  I have not worn contacts on a regular basis for the past two years so this solution is definitely long expired.  I have no need for contacts solution and definitely don't want to use expired solutions for my eyes either.
Bon Bon Brand Nail Polish.  A friend of mine gave this to me as she was decluttering a few years ago.  I gave it to my sister, who gave it back to me.   This is an old nail polish and I don't feel like dealing with the thick and goopy formula, so out it goes.
Old panty & pair of socks.  I have a bunch of panties that are old; I got a bunch before I enter college, so I'm slowly going through them now and tossing any out that have holes in them and slowly replacing them with sexier VS ones.  I somehow manage to always get holes on the heels of my socks, and this one is no exception.  Seeing as I have many other socks in my closet, I will be tossing this one out.
Small bottle of VS Sweet Daydream.  Way back when Victoria's Secret was still selling the Sweet Daydream scent, my sister and I bought one, but we both enjoyed it.  So I decided to purchase a smaller bottle and take it with me to college.  Unfortunately, the bottle was cheap (from Daiso) and the plastic scent is now mixed with the actual body spray.  Not a pleasant scent to wear at all.
Travel size St. Ive's Apricot Scrub.  I purchased this so many years ago, I can't believe I kept it this long.  Unfortunately I read that the actual apricot seed in the scrub is really damaging to your skin so I honestly haven't used anything that harsh for my skin.  I prefer St. Ive's Oatmeal, Green Tea, and their Grapefruit scrubs better.
Clinique lipgloss, ELF lip balm, Ulta Cream products (x2).  A handful of old and unwanted lip products.  I think I'll have a bunch of old lip products to declutter in the future.  These particular ones are either really old (Ulta ones), not a big fan of the texture (ELF) or the scent (Clinique).

Hopefully I'll be able to go through my belongings each month and declutter them little by little so that I'll only have products that I really love and enjoy.

Post a Comment