Nails | Teal Combo

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I know I just did a nail post last week, but I'm a little busy for the next few weeks and I already had these pictures taken.  Hope you won't mind the increase of some nail posts this month!

taken under indirect sunlight
Lately I've been really loving the teal color.  I've noticed myself gravitating towards anything in that shade and I will admit at one point, I've thought of how I can work that color into my far off future wedding.  Yah, I'm just that crazy about this color right now!


This nail combo is nothing special.  I used China Glaze's Shower Together and Nicole by OPI's That's What I Mint from their Gumdrop collection.  Shower Together has been a favorite of mine ever since I purchased it almost two years ago, but it stains my nails when I take it off, even with a base coat!  But it's such a gorgeous color that I can't help but love it!  I had a hard time trying to capture the true shade of this polish, so I included pictures of how the polish looks in direct and indirect sunlight so you can see how gorgeous the polish looks either way!

taken under direct sunlight
I have never been a fan of the texture polishes.  Actually I never really liked a bunch of the nail polish trends, from shattered to magnetic to textured.  I think nail polishes should be plain old nail polishes!  ...Until I found the Gumdrop collection from Nicole by OPI.  I actually am not a big fan of how the nail polish looks without any top coats on, but as soon as I use a top coat over them, the polish becomes 1000x better!  There's so much dimension and a lot of different colors in the polish!  The only thing I'm still a bit iffy about is that even with two layers of top coat, the nail polish still feels gritty.

What is a nail polish shade you are absolutely obsessed with right now?

Post a Comment